EDUCATION IN JACKSON COUNTY, OHIO
Jackson County is home to three exemplary school districts: Jackson City Schools, Oak Hill Union Local Schools, and Wellston City Schools.
Jackson City Schools Quick facts:
• JHS is home to Alumni Stadium which has seating over 5,000 and Astroturf.
• Jackson Middle School recently revamped its gymnasium with the addition of fitness equipment to promote teen health.
• Jackson offers college-level courses at the high school, provided by the University of Rio Grande.
Oak Hill Union Local Schools Quick facts:
• Oak Hill Middle/High School achieved an Excellent rating in the most recent report card, overall scoring above its expected growth.
• Oak Hill students scored above the state average on both the 10th and 11th grade Ohio Graduation Tests.
• Oak Hill also continues to maintain a stellar graduation rate of 96.5 percent, proving this districts commitment to helping students succeed.
Wellston City Schools Quick facts:
• Wellston schools provide the Project S.A.F.E. program which meets before and after school, allowing students to meet with teachers for assistance on homework and other activities.
• Wellston City Schools’ Effective rating is a continuous improvement from district report cards in the past and shows their commitment to improving education in Wellston.
For more information on school district report cards, please click here.
Below are links to the three school district's websites as well as the county's two private schools and post-secondary options in close proximity to Jackson County.
Oak Hill Union Local Schools
Jackson City Schools
Wellston City Schools
Sts. Peter & Paul Catholic School
Christian Life Academy
Child Development Center of Jackson
Buckeye Hills Career Center
University of Rio Grande
Ohio University, Athens
Ohio University, Chillicothe
Shawnee State University